The neo-Renaissance town hall, situated in the northern frontage of the market square, adjoins the Evangelical church. In 1716 the town decided to buy a separate building to serve as a town hall. The building belonged to Anna Maria, a widow of Mateusz Janik, who sold it for “eleven hundred Austro-Hungarian guldens”. Following numerous reconstructions, it is still used as Pszczyna town hall. Its ground floor was probably created in 1658. This was proved by the stone slab walled in, with a German inscription and date, which could be seen as late as in the thirties 20th century.
In 1738 the budget of the Catholic parish of Pszczyna allowed to construct a small spire on the town hall with a clock. In 1861 the town hall was expanded – the building was made broader towards the Evangelical school and the second floor was erected. The last comprehensive reconstruction of the town hall, in the neo-Renaissance style, took place in 1931. In the seventies, the town hall façade was renovated, and also minor repairs were carried out. In 1993 a new electronic clock, controlled by radio waves, was installed in the town hall spire.
The last redecoration of the town hall rooms took place in 1998. Major changes were brought about to the session hall (new colours, modern lighting). In 1999 this hall was decorated with emblems of 12 villages, constituting the gmina district of Pszczyna.
The town hall of Pszczyna, dating back at least to 1st half of 17th century, is one of the oldest buildings in the town. Traditionally, the town hall houses the seat of the municipal authorities of Pszczyna.